Skip to content
Chapters and Articles of Interest:
- Sisskin, V. (in press). Disfluency-Affirming Therapy for Young People Who Stutter: Unpacking Ableism in the Therapy Room. Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools.
- Sisskin, V., & Goldstein, B. (2022). Avoidance reduction therapy for school-age children who stutter. In Seminars in speech and language (Vol. 43, No. 02, pp. 147-160). Thieme Medical Publishers.
- Sisskin, V. (2018). Avoidance reduction therapy for stuttering (ARTS®). In Amster, B.J. & Klein, E.R., (Eds.) More than fluency: The social, emotional,and cognitive dimensions of stuttering. San Diego, CA: Plural.
- Sisskin, V. & Baer, M. (2016, March-April). Treb: éliminer la lutte contre le bégaiment. Ortho Magazine (Elsevier). Vol. 22(123), 14-17.
- Swick, K., Sisskin, V. & Bernstein Ratner, N. (2016, Winter). It’s Not Stuttering, But What Is It: Preliminary Results of an Internet-Based Survey. The Stuttering Foundation Newsletter, Vol. 24(2). P. 1,4.
- Sisskin, Vivian D. & Bernstein Ratner, N. (2015, Summer). My Client Isn’t Fluent, But Is it Stuttering? Atypical Disfluency, Part 2. The Stuttering Foundation Newsletter, Vol. 24(1). P. 1,4.
- Sisskin, V. & Wasilus, S., (2014). Lost in the literature, but not in the caseload: Working with atypical disfluency from theory to practice. Seminars in Speech and Language, 35 (2), 144-12.
- Leiman Edwards, B. (2014, Mar.) Avoidance Reduction Therapy: A Success Story. The ASHA LeaderLive. https://leader.pubs.asha.org/do/10.1044/avoidance-reduction-therapy-a-success-story/full/
- Tetnowski, J. A., Richels, C., Shenker, R., Sisskin, V. & Wolk, L. (2012, February 14). When the Diagnosis Is Dual. The ASHA Leader
- Sisskin, Vivian D. (2011, May) What Clinicians Can Learn from the King’s Speech. Advance for Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists. Vol. 21(9).
- Sisskin, V. (2006). Disfluency in Asperger’s Syndrome: Two cases of interest. Perspectives on Fluency and Fluency Disorders, 16(2), 12-14.
Digital Media and Online Professional Development Products
- Sisskin, V., Goldstein, B., Binger, M., & Brow, N. (2022, Mar.). Acceptance-Based Therapy for School-Age Children who Stutter: Where Do I Begin? [Live and On Demand Webinar], SpeechTherapyPD.com. https://www.speechtherapypd.com/courses/AcceptanceBased-Therapy-for-SchoolAge-Children-who-Stutter-W
- USA Today (2020, Aug.). Op-ed by Ben Goldstein. Like Brayden Herrington, 13, I Stutter. https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2020/08/27/brayden-harrington-stutter-dnc-overcome-fear-column/3443929001/
- Sisskin, V. (2022, Feb.). Stuttering: Practicing in the 21st Century – Stuttering Does Not Imply Struggling. [Live and On Demand Webinar and Podcast], SpeechTherapyPD.com. https://www.speechtherapypd.com/courses/Stuttering-DOES-NOT-Imply-Struggling
- Sisskin, V. (2021, Sept.). Avoidance Reduction Therapy for Stuttering (ARTS®). [Live and On Demand Webinar], European Fluency Specialists (EFS). https://www.europeanfluencyspecialists.eu/webinar-september-17-2021-vivian-sisskin/
- Sisskin, V. (2021, May). Choose the Career You Love OR Love the Career You Choose: High-demand Communication Careers Among Those Who Stutter. Stuttering Foundation Virtual Learning Series (professional development). https://thestutteringfoundation.vhx.tv/
- Sisskin, V. (2020, May). Covert Stuttering: Transitioning from Covert to Overt. Stuttering Foundation Virtual Learning Series (professional development). https://www.stutteringhelp.org/training/covert-stuttering-transitioning-covert-overt
- Sisskin, V. (2019, August 29). Person centered assessment and treatment for adults who stutter [Live and On Demand Webinar]. American Speech, Language Hearing Association (ASHA). asha.org/eWeb/OLSDynamicPage.aspx?Webcode=olsdetails&title=Person-Centered+Assessment+and+Treatment+for+Adults+Who+Stutter+(On+Demand+Webinar)
- Sisskin, V. (2017, September 28). Atypical disfluency: understanding and treating word-final (end-word) repetition [Video file]. In The Biomedical & Life Sciences Collection, Henry Stewart Talks. Retrieved October 5, 2017, from https://hstalks.com/bs/3587/
- Sisskin, V. (2016). A Fresh Look at Stuttering. DVD #4083, The Stuttering Foundation, Memphis, TN. https://thestutteringfoundation.vhx.tv/products/a-fresh-look-at-stuttering-4083
- Sisskin, V. (2014). Helping Children Change Thoughts and Feelings About Communication. DVD #6335, The Stuttering Foundation, Memphis, TN. https://www.stutteringhelp.org/training/helping-children-change-thoughts-feelings-about-communication
- Sisskin, V. (2012). Avoidance Reduction Therapy in a Group Setting. DVD #6740, The Stuttering Foundation, Memphis, TN. https://www.stutteringhelp.org/training/avoidance-reduction-therapy-group-setting
- Sisskin, V. (2012). Autism Spectrum Disorders and Stuttering. DVD #6730, The Stuttering Foundation, Memphis, TN. https://www.stutteringhelp.org/training/autism-spectrum-disorders-and-stuttering
- Sisskin, V. (2012). Fluency and Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Case of Successful Treatment of Atypical Fluency Disorder. Online professional development product, American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA), Rockville, MD.
- May 10, 2022
Yes, Avoidance Reduction Therapy for Stuttering (ARTS®) is for Kids, Too!
Podcast, Stuttering Foundation. https://www.stutteringhelp.org/podcast
- March 23, 2015
The Joy of Communication, Episode 503. Podcast, Stutter Talk:
- March 24, 2015
Management vs Choice vs Control, Episode 504. Podcast, Stutter Talk:
- March 25, 2015
Fixing the Roof Before Painting the Spot, Episode 505. Podcast, Stutter Talk:
- March 26, 2015
Praise the Showing Up, Episode 506. Podcast, Stutter Talk:
- March 27, 2015
“Use Your Tools!” And Other Ineffective Nagging, Episode 507. Podcast, Stutter Talk: